[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Antique Rotary Sparkgap

Tesla List wrote:

> >From ed-at-alumni.caltech.eduMon Sep  9 22:49:07 1996
> Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 19:20:23 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Antique Rotary Sparkgap
>
> Bert:
>         Was there a name plate on  it?  Also, is there a name plate
> on the motor and what does it say?  Have lots of old catalogs here,
> as well as complete set of QST magazines from Volume 1, Number1.
> Would be interesting to try to date it from the ads.
> Ed Phillips

Ed,

Unfortunately, there are no identifying labels anywhere - it looks like
it might ne a nicely made "home brew" machine. I gues there used to be a
number of suppliers who made various mechanical and electrical
"hobbiest" hardware that could be used as the elements for things like
this. The only number I found was carved into the bottom of the base:
H560-6840-2345IL which looks like the guy's drivers license number! :^)

-- Bert --