[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 50 KVA Power Supply

Tesla List wrote:

<SNIP>

> I had my brother come over to shoot a short roll of film. I got a
> few shots of me pulling six inch arcs off of the HV bushings on
> the pair of series-HV/parallel-LV, 7200-120/240 volt, 25 KVA
> pigs. For Chip's pleasure I popped the top off one can for a
> couple of shots inside. I was removing a bracket inside the
> cover which obstructed the shot: two cotter pins, I removed one
> and my brother removed the second one. My brother promptly
> dropped his into the oil...

Its so hard to find good help these days!  ;^)

<SNIP>

> I was going to set up the Jacob's Ladder and get some good photos
> of the new power supply while running the rails. Since I could
> not I had my brother shoot the rest of the roll up on the 22890
> volt pig while harnessed to the ladder. The film went up to the
> drugstore today, I should have scans soon.

The Jacobs Ladder off this beast sure looks awesome in your video! Are
you planning to run your new pig-pair higher than the 16 KVA rating of
your present control box? After all, you have 200 A service and a 100 A
drop to your coil. More power, More power...

<SNIP>

> Richard Quick
>
> ... If all else fails... Throw another megavolt across it!
> ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

Or another kilowatt...

Safe (multi-pig, approaching substation-level) coilin to ya!

-- Bert --