[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More Tuning/Debugging

Richard Quick wrote:

>Whoa. If you put two 11KV windings in series for 22KV out to the
>coil you are talking about some serious power. Not the kind of
>setup you want to be guestimating breakdown voltages for, your
>system had best be designed for 22KVAC inputs, and worked up to
>the peak voltage in stages over time.

Sounds like I've over done it!  Good job I'v only talked about it
so far, thankyou Chip for this list.

Richard, have I over done the voltage?  Should I scrap my plans or
should I proceed with extreem caution.  I was going to use a variac
to limit the output voltage with resistive balast to limit the
current.

What is the break down voltage of LDPE per mil when used for TC
work?  The best I have so far is 1KV per mil, is this correct?

Your reaction to my plans worries me, it makes me think that I have
overlooked something.  Can you provide some advice.

Julian Green.