[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More Tuning/Debugging

I was talking about a 14,400v power supply:

 > The ideal solution for me would be to place two pigs on line:
 > LV windings in parallel, HV windings in series. This way I
 > could get the voltage without the losses. RQ

Quoting Julian Green:

> Thats exactly what I plan to do.  I have two 11Kv to 240V power
> transformers, but no coil to connect 22KV to.  I am worried
> about blowing my cap which has 40/1000" LPDE between the
> plates.  Sorry my micrometer only reads inches.
> What would be the break down voltage?

Whoa. If you put two 11KV windings in series for 22KV out to the
coil you are talking about some serious power. Not the kind of
setup you want to be guestimating breakdown voltages for, your
system had best be designed for 22KVAC inputs, and worked up to
the peak voltage in stages over time.

You are much better off using the 11KV output as is. For most of
your work this voltage is going to be quite adequate.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12