[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: balloon

On Thu, 19 Sep 1996 22:48:06 -0600, Tesla List
>From: Loren Carpenter <loren-at-pixar-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: balloon
>

>Anyone tried an aluminized mylar helium balloon instead of (or
>in addition to) a toroid?
>
>In still air it ought to give a significant height advantage,
>if it doesn't self-destruct...

No,
	But just for grins one night, I did try a helium filled latex
balloon to try to simulate Ed Harris' atmospheric pressure Argon
Plasma Globe Idea. Latex doesn't handle sparks well;( The balloon
burst at first application of power without so much as even a red
glow. Next time, I'll try it using a Mylar balloon. At the very least,
I should get some good light effects.

	jim