[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More Tuning/Debugging

[snip]
>>> However, given Richards 1.5 second delay factor, I would look for an
>>> interaction between the PFC caps and the ballast and variac also.
>>> Try removing most of your PFC caps and see if there is a significant
>>> change in the time constant or behavior of the system. Don't remove
>>> all of the PFCs because they prevent the voltage spikes from the
>>> ballast from blowing your RFI filters and home electronics.

Richard,
	I had a stray thought/trivia pop into my mind whilst't stuck
in traffic this morning. I seem to recall (can't place the reference,
or thread;(    ) that some of the large distribution transformers have
automatic variable taps to compensate for load induced voltage drops.
If this is so??, Could you be triggering this mechanism in your "pad
elephant"?

All,
	Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of a voltage
regulator mechanism in large distribution transformers?

	jim