[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Wiring caps in series

[snip]
>As an experiment, I tried wiring 6 of them in series and then
>running them through several charge/discharge cycles of 1500 volts -
>by putting 1500 volts between points A and G (see "schematic" below),
>and then bridging points A and G with a heavy wire (BANG!!!).
>
>    ||  ||  ||  ||  ||  ||
>  o-||--||--||--||--||--||--o
>
>  A   B   C   D   E   F     G

I can't determine from your writing which current type you
are using but I cetatinly hope it is not AC! Photo flash
caps are electrolytic (polarized). I believe this would be
incompatable with common TC application without the rectification
of the AC input power. I also would think that plate glass
capacitors, though lossy, would be far greater than the
electrolytics.

Bob Schumann