[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

v/meter

>> Regarding the breakdown voltage, it seems that the air will only
>> hold off roughly 800kV/m in this corner of the world using finite

>That makes the 17" or so I measured to be around 350kV which is more
>what I would have expected. I shall revise my 35kV/inch.

	EVERY presentation of this data i have seen, for any shape
	electrodes and for any pressure, etc, foo, mumble is nonlinear.

	It is not reccomended to extrapolate.  (plus or minus a few percent
	in volatge, fine, but iof the voltage is substantially different from
	where the gap was calibrated, the extrapolation will be very iffy.)

	regards
	dwp