[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ground rods

Tesla List wrote

> > > before and abandoned the effort when I realized I would have to
> > > dig a hole just to get started. There was no way to stand an 8
> > > foot rod up and still have room to swing a hammer on top.

You should be able to drive 8 foot rods by hand provided the ground
isn't too hard.

First stab it into the ground as far as it will go then wiggle it
round in a circular motion to create a small gap around the outside
of the rod.  Fill this gap with lots of water and wiggle some more.
Now start pulling the rod up and down all the time adding more water.
 The rod should drive down pretty easily if you use plenty of water.
- no hammer - no damaged hands.  I have driven many rods this way.

L8R

Richard
Richard Chapman
misc3312-at-cantva.canterbury.ac.nz