[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Static Gaps, was Tuning/Debugging

<<
 Jim:
 	I used 10-24 brass hardware to attach the copper tubes.  Another
 thought hit me on this topic.  The PVC tube itself could also be
 distorting due to the heating of the copper tubes.  I think I will mike
 the 6" I.D. tube and see if the O.D. is way out of round.  Just another
 thought, I'll let you know if I find anything of interest.

 Chuck  >>

Chuck,

You may be correct about the 6" pvc pipe itself going out of round.  When I
was looking for a way to mount my fan, I bought a large end cap to fit the 6"
pipe.  I cut a large hole in the end cap using a lathe and bolted the fan in
place.  The end cap slides on about 2" or so and I just set it in place which
allows easy disassembly.  I think the heavy molded end cap probably keeps the
diameter of the 6" pipe stable.

Ed Sonderman