[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tank frequency

	There are two resonances involved, as I am sure others will
note as well.  Insofar as the charging of the primary capacitor from
the transformer, the resonance (or at least the charging parameters)
are a function of the equivalent inductance of the neon transformer
(typically hundreds of henries) and the primary capacitor (typically
of the order of 0.01 ufd).  Insofar as the high-frequency oscillation
of the primary circuit, the frequency is determined by the primary
circuit inductance (of the order of tens of microhenries) and said
primary capacitors.  The inductance of the neon transformer can't
have any effect on the oscillation frequency, although I suppose
the equivalent input capacitance of the neon transformer is indeed
across the primary, although the effect is probably negligible.
For what it's worth,
Ed Phillips