[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Great Balls of Fire

Tesla List wrote:

> >From 100624.504-at-CompuServe.COMTue Oct  8 22:21:22 1996
> Date: 08 Oct 96 19:53:25 EDT
> From: Alan Sharp <100624.504-at-CompuServe.COM>
> To: Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: Re: Great Balls of Fire
>
> Richard - thanks for the reply:
>
> >Regarding the photos of fireballs.  Be very careful.  From video, beware
> >of video noise artifacts being held out as fireballs!  A fireball will
> >survive with little motion from frame to frame over a number of frames.
> >It is unlikely to have a 4 frame fireball (i.e 1/8 second)  On still
> >photos taken via time exposure, look for a bright streak with a very
> >non-sparklike path.  Watch out for chemical streaks (processing faults),
> >Negative emulsion gouges, lens flares (often from rotary gaps in the
> >same frame).  We, TCBOR folks, have never seen one in all our years.
>
> The last statement tells me that this is not easy to do - or even only
> very difficult to do, or have you simply not gone hunting them?
> Has anyone at TCBOR or on the list tried to replicate Tesla's / Corums'
> work on this - or tried interacting two running coils?

Absolutely!  We ran two different frequency coils at moderate power
levels in two distinct and different setups along the lines of the
Corums original article back in 1989 and 1990. We even did a "monkey see
monkey do" on the race track oval primary!! Zip on the results.  Went
through a lot of film and video tape.  The Corums stressed that low
powers need not apply!  We used 1.5KW in our first shot and 5KW in our
second.  R. Hull

> Does it require very high power monster coils or very subtle
> conditions - or is it simply the big foot of the tesla world.

I think it is more the UFO of the Tesla world.  Lotsa' folks see 'em just
not the ones investigating them.  They probably do exist but how do they
work.  R. Hull

> >Oh!  before I forget,  My book is now officially sold out at my end.
>
> Murphys law again - as soon as I decide to buy a book it goes out
> of print :(
>
> Let us know when its back in print, or the name of a supplier who
> has a few copies and takes credit cards (or pound notes).
> (We've done the channel tunnel - when are we going to do the
> Atlantic :)
>
> I may get some of Corum's material - Steven Roys wrote:
>
> > A lot of their (Corum's) articles are technical, but not to the point that
> > you need a PhD in physics to understand what they're saying.
>
> I was put off their TESLA coil tutor - despite my physics degree
> - I prefer now to take my greek characters joined up in New
> Testament form - OK I could plough through the math - it
> looked easier than advanced quantum mechanics but heck
> I'm doing this for fun - dinkin at dork factor 9.

That's the ticket!!  Have a blast!!  R. Hull