[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Reply- Any Reason For This???

Tesla List wrote:

> >From gcerny-at-megspo.megsinet-dot-netTue Oct  1 21:43:08 1996
> Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 08:59:48 +0000
> From: Glenn <gcerny-at-megspo.megsinet-dot-net>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Reply- Any Reason For This???
>
> Richard, Brent, Ed, Charles, GE,
> Thanks for the answers.  I kind of thought
> it may be a "sweet spot" in the smaller coil.
> BTW, the coil was not grounded nor was a
> torroid attached.  which brings me to my
> next question for "the answer guys".
> Is this imformation useful for performing
> any other experiments?  I was thinking
> of un-winding to the point of strike and
> see if this coil would produce sparks on its
> own in the stand alone mode in sympathy
> with the larger one.  Ideas?
>
> On another note: I have not "dipped" any
> of my coils.  Kind of a shame too, I own
> late issue TEK scope, function generator,
> and freq counter, but use a florescent tube
> to tune.  I can hear people smacking thenselves
> in the forehead over this one.
>
> Glenn

Glenn,

This was something we did back in 1990 and put on our video report tapes
then.  We called it free resonance.  We ran a coil across the room at
full tilt and tuned a separate, base grounded, 1/4 wave resonator to the
same frequency.  We got spark almost a foot long off of the resonator!
We dubbed this "free resonance" and it launched us into magnifier work.
In proximity the coupling is virtually 100% capacitive and large powers
can be transferred this way.  We have a number of examples of this on our
tapes.

Richard Hull, TCBOR