[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Grant's Coils

>Jim Fosse wrote,
>
>> Barry,
>>         Now that I've just bought another 5 gallons of shell Diaxal-ax
>> today;(  would you care to explain why it's nasty to work with? I do
>> know from experience that a) it disloves "hot glue" and b) smells like
>> kerosene, but why don't you like it.
>>
>>         regards,
>>
>>         jim
>>
>Jim,
>
>Does this stuff really dissolve hot glue? I seem to remember someone
>posting that tranlucent-white hot glue sticks were really LDPE - Shell
>Diala-X shouldn't dissolve these. Was the stuff that dissolved another
>type of hot glue?
>
>You're certainly right about the odor...!

Bert,
	I'm using Stanley  (pn) GS500BK "Hot Melt Glue Sticks" They
are a light yellow in color and the box advertises "Super Strength".

I have about 2.5 gallons of Diala-X that has been stained yellow and
feels thicker than normal.  The hot glue that I used to seal the top
cap to my caps has softened to the point of smearing with finger
pressure. (I used epoxy for the bottom joint, but wanted a removable
seal for the top)

	jim