[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New pictures

Brent,

I'd love to have details on the
motor modifications.  There's a friend of mine who keeps bugging me about
synchronous gaps who also has a milling machine.  If nothing else, I can
get him to "put up or shut up" :-).  I found a source of electrical
motors -- HVAC companies.  They trash old furnaces all the time, but they
often have good blower motors.  They are rated "furnace duty" though,
which may not be the same as continuous.

Chip

P.S. I was going to just send this to Brent, but realized that the source of
motors may be useful to others.

"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely  exercised for the good of its victims
 may be the most  oppressive.  It may be better to live under  robber barons
 than  under  omnipotent  moral busybodies,  The robber baron's  cruelty may
 sometimes sleep,  his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who
 torment us for own good  will torment us  without end,  for they do so with
 the approval of their own conscience."    -   C.S. Lewis, _God in the Dock_