[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Grant's Coils

I quote from a letter dated April 21, 1980 on Shell Oil Company letterhead:

The Diala AX MSDS (section V) notes that prolonged or repeated contact may
cause skin disorders such as dermatitis, folliculitis, oil acne, or even
skin cancer.
In this regard, it should be noted that Diala AX contains 0.1% tetraphenes,
one
of which is 3,4 benzphenanthrene (benzo (c) phenanthrene) which is listed as
carcinogen in Sec. 5209, Title 8, Cal. Adm. Code.

(Emergency and first aid procedures)
Eye- flush with water for at least 15 minutes.  Skin- remove oil by wiping
or
applying waterless hand cleanser, followed by washing with soap and water.
Remove all contaminated clothing.  Ingestion--- induce vomiting if conscious
and consult  medical personnel.

I use goggles and NEOPRENE GLOVES when handling it.  Other gloves that
I have tried dissolved onto my skin.  If it gets on your skin or eyes it
burns like
paint remover.  (I am sensitive to it.)

Other than that it makes a good insulator (38kV per 0.1" debubbled).
Barry