[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toroids

Tesla List wrote:

> "snip" for Chip
>         Does anyone spin their own toroids (or spheres, hint)?  I am looking
> for a source for new or used toroids, spheres, etc.  (I have build a number
> of metal duct style toroids.)  Also, has anyone seen a good text on how to
> do it?
> Regards,
> Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D.Mark,
I've seen very nice toroids made using corrigated PVC (flexible) drain
tile.
This material is available up to 24" in dia through agricultural
suppliers.
At the TCBOR's Teslathon in October, a very nice toroid was made using
this and filling in the corrigations with plaster of paris, sanding
smooth and then covering the smooth surface with self adhesive aluminum
tape used for splice HVAC ducts (available at Lowe's, most hardware
stores $5.00/roll???)
Beats paying the big $$$'s for spun metal ones

Dave Sharpe, TCBOR