[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Gap Dwell Times (formerly: Beating Solved)

At 02:25 PM 10/12/96 -0600, you wrote:
>From ed-at-alumni.caltech.eduSat Oct 12 13:12:26 1996
>Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 18:13:29 -0700 (PDT)
>From: "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Gap Dwell Times (formerly: Beating Solved)
>
>Re: Oil immersed coils.
>	Has anyone in this group experimented with same, and if
>so, what were the results.  There certainly is precedent, going
>back to Mr. T himself.  Would be very much interested in any reports.
>How about the Richard's???
>Ed Phillips

Back in the bad old days, before I knew better, I used oil filled
containers (quart and pint glass jars) as primary forms, and filled
the jars with transformer oil to supperess corona from the primary to
secondary.

I could get MUCH higher coupling without running into breakdown !

Tesla describes an oil immersed half-wave coil system in
"Experiments with alternatecurrents of high potential and high
frequency".

I'd guess that this would help most if you're running a high frequency
coil, up in the MHZ, where corona is a bigger problem...

Daryl