[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Safety Shut-off

>>From storey-at-stic-dot-netSat Oct 12 13:16:02 1996
>Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 23:40:46 -0700
>From: Storey Clamp <storey-at-stic-dot-net>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Safety Shut-off

>Hi All,

<snip>
>... my wife
>appeared at the window in the door with a terrified look on her face.
>I got up, turned off the power, and went inside to assure her that I was
>OK, and she said, "I hope you realize that even though I am a nurse, and
>I know CPR, all I will be able to do for you is to wave good-bye through
>the window, because there is no way that I could make myself go through
>that door when the high voltage is on!"
>	So this is what I came up with: Right by the kitchen door going
>into the gatage is a 6 inch square panel with a big red light labeled
>High Voltage On, and a big red push button labeled Emergency Off. On the
>garage wall is a box with a large relay that supplies all the power for
>my high voltage experiments. When ever the relay is energised, the red
>light in the kitchen is on. A recessed button on the HV console turns on
>the relay, and a large red button on the console and the large red
>button
>in the kitchen can turn it off. She still doesn't like high voltage, but
>she feels a lot better knowing that she can take control should the need
>arise. She might even let me run the new Tesla coil that I am now
>working
>on.
>	Safe coiling to all,

>Storey Clamp
>San Antonio, Texas

Storey,

That sounds like a darned good idea!  Hey Richard Hull, perhaps your
wife might appreciate one of these?

I actually wish I had someone around when I'm playing with the high
voltage.  Most of the time I have to rely entirely on my own caution,
care and attention.  Any single girls lurking out there wanna get
hitched to a 'mad' scientist? : )

I'm serious! and single,

rwstephens