[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Arc length vs pwr

>>>Hi Mark,
>>>            I have a quick answer to your query....
>>>
>>><mucho snippo>

>coils

>in
>>>energy
>>>magnetic

>>>If
>>>never

>the
>as
>>>radiate

>>>Mark Graalman:
>
>>>what
>>>
>>>Only if the gap continues to conduct in which case the energy
>>>exchange between primary and secondary continues until totally
>>>lost (in my opinion).
>>>
>>>Malcolm
>>>

>> I agree, but would that not still be the case since the
>>gap conduction time no matter how fast the quenching will
>>always be long in period in comparision to the time
>>required for a 1/2 cycle at the primary frequency?
>>
>> The half cycle period of a 100 Khz primary would be about .000005
>sec
>>which as far as I know is a much shorter period of time than the
>quench
>>time of a spark gap.
>>
>>			Mark Graalman
>>

>The coupling or K factor is only a ratio of mutual inductance divided
>by
>sqrt LpLs.
>The ratio indicates the amount of energy transferred. Coupling does
>not
>create or consume energy. Creation or consumption of energy is only in
>the
>primary or secondary circuits.
>
>Jack C.
>Jack,

 That point is understood, I was talking about what the
effect to the primary is during its energy release if it
is loosely coupled to a secondary coil, or any other load
for that matter. I guess my thought was any energy that
wasn't transferred to the seconday coil would be returned
to the capacitor during the collapse of the primary field. I would think
that a ringing primary too loosely
coupled to a load or not coupled at all to a load, namely
a secondary coil would exhibit extremely high peak voltages and
distruction of the capacitor would be ultimately unavoidable.

			Mark Graalman