[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary Qs

On Fri, 4 Oct 1996, Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com> wrote:
>>From ed-at-alumni.caltech.eduFri Oct  4 22:14:01 1996
>Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 17:18:34 -0700 (PDT)
>From: "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Primary Qs
>
>Quote:
>>We manufacture a line of gas filled spark gaps, and it has been my job for th
>past few years to characterize them.  Static Breakdown voltages are easily
>predicted by use of Paschen's equation which relates the breakdown voltage to
>Question: Who is "we" and can you share your derived constants with us?
>Ed Phillips

We are EG&G Electro-Optics Division in Salem MA.  The Paschen curves
are given by the following equation , where P * d is in Torr-meters.

V = A * P*d / ( Ln( B * P*d / Ln ( 1/ Gamma)))

use the following parameters.

	N2+3%O2	H2	Xe	A	He
Gamma =	0.06	0.06	0.06	0.06	0.06
A=	33.29	15.63	9.156   6.96	2.50
B=	1537	993	294	605	161

Gamma is the secondary electron coefficient, electrons/ion.
I have data for other gases that I will send later.