[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

tesla emi/rfi, humor, efficiency

>lighting systems using a miniature Telsa coil.  The method I employed
>produced no harmonics and I was able to operate a radio in close proximity
>to the device with no interference.

	What kind of a radio?
	What frequency was the coil on?
	interfrence can come from harmoics.  It can also come from
	the fundamental.  Essentially 'all' the radio spectrum is used,
	tho not for music and talk shows and sports.  The area round
	100 is used by ships for telegraphy.  100.000 KHz os used for
	LORAN C for marine navigation.  EMI is more than just:
		'the raio is quiet.'

=================================
A leetle humor:
	The alternate form of three laws of thero is usually:

		You can't win.
		You can't break even.
		You can't get out of the game.

Efficiencies:
	...2% at 60 Hz....
	uhmmmmmm
	Usual, published figures are ca 5% for incandescent, ca 20% for
	conventional fluorescent.  'Sposedly those are 'electricity in to
	visible light out'.

	regards
	dwp