[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Mystery Caps & D32 scope

Greetings all,

Had a bit of luck at the Leicster Radio Show. Took the
family into Leicster, as we parked outside the show my
teenage daughter remarked "look at all those middle aged
men in anoraks - oh that's sad, you're not going in with
them dad are you?"

I got a Telequipement D32 Scope very very cheaply because
it needs attention - the X deflection only covers 1/3 of
the screen width. Just usable as is but hopefully I'll get the
service sheet and fix it - if anyone can help let me know direct.

I also picked up two capacitors, I'm not sure if they are
suitable for coiling but they only wanted L2 for them.

They are brown cylinders, 8.25" long, 2.25" diameter,
terminated at each end with a 1/4" bolt and two nuts.
marked:
The ends are brown translucent plastic the outside
covering looks like brown paper. They're marked:

5910-99-522-1100
Plessey Capacitors
0.01uf +/- 15%
30K.VDC at 60 C
436/1/22775/000
British Made
75.27/V

Anyone know what they are?

I am planning to build a small conventional coil later.
I am hoping that they would be usable for short runs
with say a 10kV 40mA furnace transformer. - I doubt
if they'd stand more than 10kV.

My daughter - a couple of tops from the Oxfam shop,
ear rings and "Dad can I get my nose pierced?" -
Another potential use for an electrical arc :)

Have fun,

Alan Sharp (UK)