[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: First post: Fluorescent lighting

On 10/17/96 22:25:39 you wrote:

>>Subject: Re: First post: Fluorescent lighting
>>
>>Re: RFI
<snip>
>>As far as I can see, no one is seriously interested
>>in regulating these things and the FCC hasn't the intent or
>>resources to do anything.  How do you crack down on 10,000,000 +
>>noise jammers spread through as many homes, and owned by people
>>who haven't the faintest comprehension of the physics involved??
>
>   You just have to get people excited about it, I suppose.
>

>>There have been proposed RF-excited lamps which are supposed to
>>operate on the "interference-permitted" frequencies of 13.355 MHz
>>and 27.1 MHz.  I talked to an engineer involved in such a project
>>and he told me his company had no intention whatever of controlling
>>either the operating frequency or the level of interference
>>generated.
>>This is a tirade, based on years of frustration with the proliferation
>>of devices such as those under discussion.
>>Ed Phillips
>
>   The manufacturers sure seem to have a bad attitude.  But sad to
>   say, I have seen, in writing, similar attitudes from Tesla-coil
>   builders.
>
> Fred W. Bach ,    Operations Group        | Internet: music-at-triumf.ca
> TRIUMF (TRI-University Meson Facility)    | Voice:  604-222-1047 loc
6327/7333
> 4004 WESBROOK MALL, UBC CAMPUS            | FAX:    604-222-1074
> University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C., CANADA   V6T 2A3

Hi Fred,

I used to enjoy monitoring your posts in the "old" Tesla group.  Do you have
any idea what happened to it?  All that aside, the above was a response to
my first post regarding an invention to conserve energy in fluorescent
lighting systems using a miniature Telsa coil.  The method I employed
produced no harmonics and I was able to operate a radio in close proximity
to the device with no interference.

Phil Gantt