[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ball lightning

Bert,
	Correction on that grid dipping of both coils together.
Thats 120 KHZ resonate freq., My alligator clip was not attached
correctly. In which case I was way out of tune.
	I would like to postulate a theory though. Could it be
possible that some sort of harmonic focussed itself within the area
between the two coils. This type of RF pocket is very common in
Microwave systems.
	For example if an individual did water boiling experiments on
a microwave oven with a non rotating tray. You would find that some
parts of the oven heat and some don't. This happens to be one of the
reasons for rotating trays in low wattage microwave ovens. I've also
seen this effect on the optical side. Sometimes Argon lasers mode
selection prisms will shatter due to IR harmonics focussing within
this device.
	With the understanding that a Tesla coil is indeed very much
like a lazing system. That in fact the propagation wave dose in fact
oscollate back and forth through the coil and build until breakout.
This line of thought might be in fact correct since I know the Japanese
are in fact creating ball lightning with microwaves systems. Hmmmm,
maybe some plasma modeling is in order hear.

D. Gowin