[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Fiberglass Coil form

Hi,
	I was wandering through my favorite junk yard and came across a piece
of fiberglass pipe, 10" diameter by 7 feet long, clean, apparently
unused. I asked the junk dealer and he said,"It musta come in on some
truck, but its nothing I can sell, so you can have it if you want it".
So now I have a beautiful, light weight, 1/8" wall, coil form, and I am
iching to start winding. I have on hand a supply of 22gauge formvar
which would give me a winding length of 27 inches for 1000 turns, or
should I go out and buy some 18 gauge and wind 40 inches for 1000 turns?
I would like to optimize for maximum spark. Any comments from the
experienced coilers would be appreciated. Thanks,

Storey Clamp
San Antonio, Texas