[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC Output Voltage

>>From bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-comTue Nov 12 21:43:02 1996
>Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 07:09:09 -0800
>From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Cc: Tesla-list-subscribers-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: TC Output Voltage

Bert wrote:

<snip>

>I'd take more meaurements under high-power, but I'm concerned about
>"frying" my scope - I get "zapped" from near-field effects just touching
>the scope to make adjustments. Maybe a chicken-wire screen to block the
>electrostatic field betwwen the coil (and me) and the scope??

>Safe coilin' to ya!

>-- Bert --

Bert,

I made a 2 inch mesh chicken wire screen shield out of a 2"X3/4" fir strapping
frame, 6 feet wide X 8 feet tall, which rolls around on castors.  I run a
flexible wire to this screen to ground.  Hiding behind this screen I
am perfectly safe even with powerful streamers striking the screen
with my nose just a few inches behind it (this looks REALLY cool!).  There is
no "static" problem behind the shadow of this screen.  This could be the trick
safety gear for you now!  Costs relatively little to make, and could
save your life, as well as test equipment.

rwstephens