[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

C.P. Capacitors

Hello all,
           Thought I'd update you on the sorry saga as it applies to
me. As I posted some time ago, one of my caps showed signs of failing
when used with a 12kV 60mA transformer. The cap suddenly detuned a
running coil causing it to catch fire. A quick showed the cap appeared
to have gained some capacitance. Then came the explosions other
experienced and following that, a note to the effect that the company
wanted to recall the caps for checking.
     My situation: I have paid in excess of US $600 including
shipping costs for two of these capacitors. I cannot put them into
serious use for obvious reasons. The company has all but admitted
liability for those that have failed. I have been in contact with
them by fax. The bottom line for me is: return them at your own cost
or go hang. I am obviously not going to send them air (surface cost
at least $45 + insurance for surface mail). It will be the best part
of 6 weeks before they arrive in the States and I cannot afford to
send them for another two weeks. It will be well into next year before
I can begin coiling with high quality caps with all the new gear I
have assembled. This is little short of a disaster for me. I am still
paying debt on the original cost of them.

:(
Malcolm