[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor wanted

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Tesla List wrote:

> >From: PAUL MILLOTT <paulmil-at-ibm-dot-net>
> >I want to buy a ready built capacitor. I have a previous post with a
> >telephone number on it for CP caps but the number is unobtainable. Can
> >anyone put me in touch with a supplier of capacitors for TC use. I am in
> >Malaysia so include the country codes if you know them.

I'd SERIOUSLY reconsider using a CP capasitor.. I mean, there have been
explosions that the company has tried to deny as far as it could and even
now that it _has_ said that there is a manufacturing defect in that
particular batch of caps it would cost a LOT to mail caps back for
inspection/replacement from other continent etc. Welcome to the club of
non-US coilers.. :(

IMHO, I'd call other companies making pulse-caps as well.. It appears that
UWL (?) has manufactured caps for R.Hull's beasts and they have (both:)
survived.. The price is not so different.

Just my opinions - no more CP caps for me ever again..

 Kristian Ukkonen.

| Kristian Ukkonen       |  Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law |