[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor charge, were is it?

"Have you
ever heard on anyone using a water based capacitor? "
	I have!  Actually, it was a variable capacitor used
in a CRT deflection circuit.  Even degassed, deionized water
became contaminated very quickly, so the device was a failure,
but it did indeed work.  Colleague of mine is using a water-filled
container filled with antennas for diathermy purposes.  By
placing the antennas in water the size of the antenna array
is reduced to the point where it can be used to focus energyh
energy at the desired spot on the patient.  He can get away
with using the water for a week or so since the circuit is
relatively low impedance.  By the way, according to Charlie the
dissipation factor of clean water is of the order of 0.0001
at 60 MHz!  Amazingly low, to my way of thinking.
Ed Phillips