[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spice simulation pictures

No.  My secondary is too big to haul to the lab for measurement purposes.
I am planning on making a small 4" coil for this very purpose.  It will be a
while as my present work on the 1/2 MV crowbar switch will take a lot
of time away from coiling.  When I can find a time window I would like to
do these measurements with a signal generator VS live running coil
to ascertain the effect if any of the corona (electron) sheath about the
coil on the live proximity effect.
Barry

 ----------
|From: "tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com"-at-PMDF-at-PAXMB1
|To: Benson Barry; "Tesla-list-subscribers-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com"-at-PMDF-at-PAXMB1
|Subject: Re: Spice simulation pictures
|Date: Wednesday, October 30, 1996 9:48AM
|
|<<File Attachment: 00000000.TXT>>
|>|Subject: Re: Spice simulation pictures
|>Subject: Re: Spice simulation pictures
|>|Subject: Re: Spice simulation pictures
|>|Subject: Re: Spice simulation pictures
|
|From couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-netTue Oct 29 22:49:50 1996
|Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 19:34:48 +0000
|From: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
|To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
|Subject: Re: Spice simulation pictures

|>|Subject: Re: Spice simulation pictures
|>
|>From Benson_Barry%PAX5-at-mr.nawcad.navy.milMon Oct 28 21:44:11 1996
|>Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 07:50:00 -0400 (EDT)
|>From: Benson_Barry%PAX5-at-mr.nawcad.navy.mil
|>To: tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
|>Subject: Re: Spice simulation pictures
|>

|>The book is "Advanced Mathematics for Engineers" by Reddick & Miller.
|>Thanks for the good data.
|>Barry
|>
|> ----------
|>|From: "tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com"-at-PMDF-at-PAXMB1
|>|To: Benson Barry; "Tesla-list-subscribers-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com"-at-PMDF-at-PAXMB1
|>|Subject: Re: Spice simulation pictures
|>|Date: Thursday, October 24, 1996 2:58AM
|>|
|>|<<File Attachment: 00000000.TXT>>
|>|
|>|From bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-comWed Oct 23 21:19:14 1996
|>|Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 22:09:40 -0700
|>|From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
|>|To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
|>|Subject: Re: Spice simulation pictures
|>|
|>|Tesla List wrote:
|><SNIP>

|>|<Big SNIP>
|>|
|>|Barry,
|>|
|><SNIP>
|>|
|>|However.....
|>|simpler to wind the coil, measure the Q, then back-figure the effective
|>|Rac. In fact, the problem posed by Robert Stephens was the _first_ time
|>|I actually had any need to compute the impact of proximity effect...
|>|
|>|Safe and not-too-theoretical coilin' to ya!
|>|
|>|-- Bert --
|>|