[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bi Polar coil

<<   >>
 > Stephen,
 >
 > You want to build the secondary to whatever dimensions you want, then
 > calculate its resonant frequency with whatever terminals you will use on
the
 > ends.  Then calculate the primary coil and capacitor using 1/2 of the
 > secondary frequency.  It is basically two 1/4 helical resonators driven at
 > the center with no ground refrence to the secondary.
 >
 > Ed Sonderman

 Sounds good Ed, except I think the primary coil/cap may need to be
 calculated at 2X the secondary's (full-length) natural frequency.
 However, I haven't built one of these yet so I don't know for sure...

 Safe coilin' to ya!

 -- Bert --

Bert,

I agree, it does make more sense.  If the whole secondary would be resonant
at say 200 khz then each half would be resonant at 400 khz.  Good catch, I
must be sleepy.  Too many days without power.

Ed Sonderman