[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dumpster diving, tube cutting

 I guess I'll put in my two-cents on tube. cutting

All the suggestions so far have been excellent.  My favorite method is to
nail two boards in a "vee" fashion.  Pound a nail inside of  the vee near
one end.  Put your tube in the vee, good-end (that is, if it HAS a good,
square end)against the nail.  While holding the tube snugly against the
nail, rotate it slowly while holding a fine-tipped marker near the rough
end.  Saw carefully on that line you have just made, and you will have a
square-enough end for all practical purposes.

Dan Smith

(Dan Smith <nhide-at-enterprise.dts.harris-dot-com>)