[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dumpster diving, tube cutting

<< Greetings,

 Today I went to the local plastics store to get some scrap.  I left with
 enough, but on the way out I had an idea.  I went around back and looked
 in their dumpster.  Bonanza!  I found a bunch of odd pieces with busted
 corners, etc. that were not useful as saleable scrap, but work well for
 HV insulation, etc.  Now I have a bunch more acrylic sheet for future
 projects.

 I recently obtained a 9.5" OD PVC pipe (heavy wall) that I was thinking
 of making into a coil form.  The problem that I face is cutting the thing
 off squarely.  Does anyone have any tips?  At this point I think the best
 course of action is to mark it carefully and use a hand saw.

 Chip >>

Chip,

I had my plastics guy cut mine - as well as make several other parts for the
project.  He has a special fixture that he puts on his table saw to cut it
and it comes out square.

Ed Sonderman