[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

shorted turn?

I'm nearing the completion of constructing my first coil system, and
have been assuming that I could use a large diameter hose clamp (metal)
to secure the ground strap braid to the base of the secondary coil's
tube.  I've been wondering though, will the fact that the clamp is a
complete circle be a problem, what with the shorted turn?

Guess I won't power up until I get some expert advice, I mean, I like to
gather information through experimentation, but why burn up anything if
someone out there can tell me that it will burn, melt, or blow up?

I assumed that because it is at the ground potential, it shouldn't be a
problem...  Any advice?

doug