[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: T.C. Plans Help !

At 08:54 PM 11/28/96 -0700, you wrote:

>>From al263636-at-academ02.sal.itesm.mx Thu Nov 28 20:39:30 1996
>Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 23:34:57 -0600 (CST)
>From: "Jorge F." <al263636-at-academ02.sal.itesm.mx>
>To: Tesla-List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>Subject: T.C. Plans Help !
>

>Hi,
>

>        Anyone outhere have any good plans for a 1000 watt Tesla Coil,
>        this is my first very high voltage project ( my other T.C. didnt even
>        go to the 300 w range )and I would like to get first a reference
>        point to build mine around !
>

>        Can someone help please ???
>

>	Sincerley
>
>	Jorge Fuentes

        I guess if I were to just name some components for such a system, I
would use
        2) Richard Quick muffin fan cylindrical static gaps
        3) 15kv-at-30ma neon sign transformers. (1.35kva)
        2) (Minimum) Powered iron core toroids to make RF chokes for
protecting above
        1) 50' roll of 3/8" copper tubing for primary
        ?) Richard Hull type capacitors or a/some commercial cap.
         1) 6 - 8" diameter tube for secondary (PVC is lossy but can be used
if prepared properly
        Around 800 - 1000 turns of magnet wire.
         1) Safety spark gap.
         1) Good enough variac.

        My first though was to build a system that would make monster
sparks. However, my
        first one  (not kit bought) was a small coil in which I got 2'
sparks. Looking back I am
        glad I chose this route. As for the plans for above, I don't have
any. Nor did I have any
        for the one I built. By following this group, and learning from what
others have done, I
        designed my coil with an understanding of function to where I would
need no plans. Now
        knowing more about resonance, gap properties, torroids.....etc, my
project means a lot
        more to me now that if I would have followed a 'recipe coil'. And
for that, I am grateful
        for the people here on the group. For me, the challenge of
understanding the technical
        aspect of what is going on is just as fun as watching a good spark run.

  Get winding!!
  Bob  Schumann