[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Powerstat Surge

We were discussing last week surge current blowing breakers and fuses when
the power is switched on to the larger variacs.  I was looking at my wiring
last night and remembered the welder (and it's parallel resistors) are
connected in series with the line going into the Powerstat.  I would guess
this acts as a load resistor and knocks the current spike down low enough not
to take out my fuses or breakers.

If I remember correctly, this was suggested to me by Richard Quick.

Ed Sonderman

[ I wonder if it matters what order things are in.  I have the variacs first,
and the arc welder between them and the pole pig. -- Chip ]