[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor test results

re: possibly-failed cap,

>Since I cannot figure this problem out, nothing sounds dumb.  Anything is
>possible.

Ok, then I'll contribute something. ;) Several times I've had the symptoms
you described just from carbon-tracks developing where different components
were mounted. There was some way that these things were grounding-out the
system.
Assuming that the capacitor *is* good, and assuming that your pole-pig isn't
shorted or open, i.e. still performs under load, I'd guess a carbon-track
short. I've also gotten weird results when the inside of my secondary form
was tracked from top to bottom, but since yours is sealed...(it's something
to check anyway :)

Dan  <ntesla1-at-vm.sc.edu>