[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New member

Hello everyone!

Chip Atkinson added me to this list a few days ago.

This looks like just what I want! Info on coil construction without
all of the white noise and off topic posts of the USA tesla list
that I have been reading.

When I was about 10 years old a school field trip to a museum that
had a large Tesla coil started me on a path that led to a job working
with electronics and computers.

Last fall I was talking to my friend Dave Stevick and we decided that
now was the time to build our own coil. It's been the most enjoyable
electronic project in years!

It's a suprise that a circuit with such simple construction can have
so many hidden complexities.

I recently set up our small coil at the High School where I work and
did some demonstrations. I hope this "sparks" some interest and gets
some kids interested in electronics.

I have some problems with our coil and plenty of questions but I
think i'll just lurk here for a few days. With the quality of this
list i'll probably have all the info I need in a few days!

You can check my WWW page for some images and video clips of our
coil. See the tagline on this message for the URL.

It's not impressive compared to the coils described here so please
don't laugh too hard... I'm still at the stage where I get a kick
from turning on flourescent lights with the coil switch instead of
the light switch :-)

Luke Mester
Internet: lmester-at-access.k12.wv.us
http://bhs.broo.k12.wv.us/homepage/staff/lmester/lmester.htm
Fidonet: luke.mester-at-1:129/202
Brooke High School
RD 3 box 610 bruin drive
Wellsburg WV 26070
(304) 527-1410 Ext. 61

Try our WWW & FTP -at- bhs.broo.k12.wv.us
Try our BBS -at- (304) 527-3255 33,600bps
Have some High voltage fun and try my Tesla Coil page -at-:
http://bhs.broo.k12.wv.us/homepage/staff/lmester/lmtc.htm