[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Beer Gaps

Malcom,
The Al beer cans in the US are so thin that they would never
last even for a short firing.  Scotty and I had a discussion a while
back about gaps and came to the conclusion that smaller diameter
is better.  The smaller radius would cause the arc to extinguish
quicker than a large radius.  As an added benefit we were left
pondering if the smaller raduis would enhance the venturi effect
in a vacume gap helping to quench even better.  I have not tried
any experiments with this theory, but it is on my list of things
to do.
Nothing like a cold beer or two after a hard night at the variac
though :-)

Glenn