[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

tesla primary

Hey All,

In advance - Thank you for your patience.  I have a question regarding the topology of tesla primaries.

The pictures I have seen of Tesla's coils have the primaries stacked in a vertical cylinder, a uniform distance from the secondary...

The pictures I have seen of modern Tesla coils (ie... R. Quick's outstanding video and stills) have the primary lying in a horizontal plane, perpindicular to the secondary, spiraling away in an ever-increasing arc...

Others even have a combination of both...

What is the difference?  Is it (I suspect) an issue of Q?  or is there a tuning issue?

Bruce Boettjer