[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Arnold Toroidal Ferrite?? Cores

Hi Matt,

> Scott, I have talked to you before about several matters and now I would
> like to help you out. I am an electronic engineer, but have little
> experience in this field due to the fact that I am a digital man myself.
> Nevertheless I have several Top Notch engineers who have spent 20+
> years designing rf and high power rf devices, working in this facility.
> I am very sure that I have all the eqipment needed to preform tests of
> this matter.
>         If you let me know where I can get a couple of the cores I would
> be more than happy to help you. I would like to do some experiments with
> the cores concerning filtering High Current RF from entering the
> X-former.  Let me know what you would like done experiment wise and I
> will get back to you within a day or two and them the experiments will began.

Sounds good.  I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would like to see some
good bench tests done on such a choke core.

First, the source:

Hosfelt Electronics
Order line: 800-524-6464
Part number T-250-B
Price $1.49 each  (quite cheap, huh?)

What would I do experiment wise.  Ideally, it would be great to actually test them
in an operating tank circuit.  It would need to be set up with 2 high voltage dividers.
One between the tank and the choke and one between the choke and the transformer.  Then
we would just need to compare the RF seen on either side compared to the 60 Hz supply.

If that isn't possible, then it would require some kind of similated high voltage mock-up
of the same.  It would need to have both 60 Hz and RF components at high voltage.  It may
be difficult to get any meaningful measurements without actually using a working Tesla
coil tank circuit.

Let us know if you move ahead with these tests.

Thanks,
Scott Myers