[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Filter Choke Design

>>Subject: Re: Filter Choke Design
>>
>>Does anyone have any way of checking the effectiveness of
>>magnetic core chokes working near saturation?  I, too, suspect
>>that the losses associated with saturation may help damp
>>what could otherwise be some nasty transient effects.  I
>>wish I had a good high voltage divider for my scope.
>>Ed Phillips
>>

>You might want to look at using a good commercial designed divider designed
Ed ,
	sometime in the last 3 months I bought a

		Time & Frequency Technology Inc.
		Plate Voltage Kit
		PVK-01
		$19.95

	It's 2 100Mohm and a 20 Mohm resistors in series with a 33K 2
diodes and a parallel cap. By cutting out the cap and changing the 33k
to 22K I get a 1000:1 divider. I've spent the last 2 nights looking
for it in my surpluses catalogs for you. I can't find it. I think I
bought it at Alltronics 408-943-9773	info-at-alltronics-dot-com

Try them. I'll keep looking

	jim