[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fire in the hole!

On Mon, 4 Mar 1996 20:00:25 +0700, you wrote:

>>>[snip]
>>>  How ferocious?  It had completely charred the whole corner of
>>>the door!  I am very lucky I did not have a full blown fire.
>>>
>>awesome, scary ...
>>
>>>Moral?  Check any doors in the vicinity of your coils for bronze weather
>>>strips running around the door.  Look for any other conductors which can
>>>form large loops (guys, got any suggestions on what else to look for???)
>>>
>>>Conductive loops make very good Tesla receivers and if you have gaps in the
>>>loop it can cause a fire.  I know, because I just sawed off the bottom of
>>>this door where it was burned.
>>>
>>>Stay safe!
>>>
>>>Bert
>>>
>>Bert,
>>        your problem is: you are turning the TC off when you leave, not ON.
>>

>>                  jim
>>

>Jim, that made me grin!  I needed that.  As a coiler, I of course have
>thought that a big coil would make one heck of a deterrent.  I'm going to
>settle for doing a special fence charger thing on the windows.  It's not
>lethal, and everyone hates getting shocked.  If it'll deter a bull, it will
>likely deter a burglar.  At least I hope so.
>
>Bert

Bert,
	I just change over from a parallel spark gap to a shunt gap. A
big difference. I'm seeing small sparks in the banding of a 2' by 6'
locker i've got on the floor about 40" away. I don't need this! It
contains my HNO3, HCL, H2SO4, K2Cr04....

Oh s***, I just remembered my primers and powder, about 6' away, in
metal, of course!

		jim