[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Oscilliscopes Ahoy!

Hi Steve,

> > I use both 535 and 545 scopes here...
>
> Any comments on a Tek 547 w/1A1, B, 53/54B plug-ins?  I recently saw
> one advertised locally with "make an offer" in the post, so what would
> be a good price for this (it has a cart and manuals).

That's a tough one.  You almost need to see it. However, there is a guide
from Tucker Electronics on these old Tek scopes.  The guide does
indicate is that the 547 is a very good choice in these old scopes.  This
guide indicates that $200 is the price for this scope, without cart and
plug-ins.  I don't know what the prices in this guide are based on.  I
guess it is just the accepted "marker value".  If it in good shape, you'll
have to make a judgement call.  I am still getting  "feel" for the value
of these old scopes.

There are a few others here that have plenty of info on these units.

Scott Myers