[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bumping above 40%

>>The bumping is usually completely elimenated with the addition of a very
low

>>value resistor bank of a capacity twice that of the system power usage.  I

>>use about .7 - 1.2 ohms from about 8 - 4 KW in series with my inductor.
 It

>>is a delicate adjustment, so I have both a variable inductor and a
stepped,

>>tapped resistor bank of about 10,000 watt capability of up to 3 ohms.  So
>>you lose some juice in waste heat.  The universe is doomed to a heat death

>>anyway.  Do your bit for increased entropy!  Besides contributing to the
>>inevitable, all your running coil's surges and bumps disappear with out
too

>>much heartburn.
>>
>>     Richard Hull, TCBOR

Richard,

I second Jim's welcoming you to the list.  You do have a reputation.

I use 6000 watts of oven elements in parallel with my inductive ballast
(welder).  Does this resistance work as well in parallel as it does in
series
with the ballast?  I don't think I have experienced this bumping but I have
only ran my 5 KVA transformer up to about 8.5 KVA.

Ed Sonderman