 ---------
From: tesla
Ed Phillips EP wrote:

Hi Ed,

EP>Ed:
EP>     I am very interested in your measurements of neon secondary
EP>impedance as a function of frequency.  One question, though.  Don't
EP>you really mean that the high-frequency impedance is CAPACITIVE?
EP>Inductive reactance wouldn't decrease with frequency like that.

<--snip-->

Thanks for the interest. I think its something that may need a bit
of looking into. Now for your question:

It dosn't appear to be capacitive since the measurement shows that
the time dependent voltage leads the current by about 90 degrees no
matter what frequency is used. If I understand you concern correctly,
you're saying that in a pure inductance the impedance always goes up
with frequency, right? So why does my measurement show an inductive
impedance which goes down with frequency - is that it?

The two effects which are probably important
were in the initial post:
        Also, I was hoping that someone else would try the measurements
so that we could compare results.

 -Ed Harris