[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Neon Transformers With/Without PFC

Charles-

>By the way, I was looking through a neon supply catalog that mentioned a
>transformer called a "Bombarder" which apparently is used in making neon signs.

I know a neon bender that had a pole pig modified to act as his Bombarder.
When he uses it, it really pumps the current to the evacuated tube to "burn
out" all the oxygen.  The glass gets red hot, in fact, it scorches the
strips of paper he lays across the glass.  It is his "poor man's
thermometer" to tell him he cooked the glass enough.  When the arc goes thru
the evacuated tube, it looks like lightning.  VERY high current.  Should
make a great Tesla power supply.

Later,
*** Magic Bill ***