[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:

>Quoting Chuck Curran <ccurran-at-execpc-dot-com>:
>
>> I thought I would take a minute and give a project update too.
>> My coil now has a completed secondary, primary and system
>> structure.  I've attached one photo...

Hey! That looks great! I went out ta the garage and glared at my "taped,
nailed, and glued" first attempt and decided it needs WORK! :) Nice Job!

Now to the group in general:  I'm seriously thinkin' about a "real" cap.
too. Maybe someone could tell me if the 20kv .025uf condenser prod. cap will
work with my stuff...i.e...
 9kv -at- .240ma neons, (or 12kv -at- .030ma can get more if needed)
 5.25" dia.X 36" sec.   (also have 8" X 24.5" acrylic)
 primary .25" coppr saucer 12 turns -at- 3/8" spacing (also have one w/3/8" cu)

 Can I use about any value cap. and tune at the primary? Will a 9kv trans.
work with a 20kv rated cap? I'm learnin' stuff, but still a rank amateur :)

Oh yeah, usin' stationary spark gap (7 cu. pipes 6 gaps) and a good rf grnd.
                            read ya later,
                               k cravens