[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coilers -at- Dayton

Hello All,

>From previous messages from Ted and Glenn, there has been talk of
getting reservations for the Dayton Hamfest.  If you are coming in,
you had better get some resevations quickly.  I did some quick
checking today and things are naerly filled up.  The first 3 I called
were completely full, and that included a hotel in my hometown that
is 35 miles from the Hara Arena.  Good luck gentlemen.

> >A decent place would be the Dayton Dayton Holidome
> >(nice Holiday Inn).  It is 10 minutes from the Hara Arena.  Their
> >phone number is 513-278-4871.  Or you can call the Holiday Inn
> >number 800-465-4329.  It is the Holiday in located at 2301 Wagner
> >Ford Road.
> >
> >If you are looking for a place that is a little more upscale, then
> >I would have to suggest the Stouffer Hotel of the Raddison Inn.
> >
> >Stouffer Hotel: 513-224-0800 or 800-468-3571
> >
> >Raddison Inn: 513-278-5711 or 800-333-3333

> Back on March 2nd I asked if anyone knew of any planned meetings of Tesla or
> high voltage folks.  Since then 6 or 7 people said they might be interested
> in meeting there.  I don't know the area to be able to suggest a suitable
> meeting place for Friday or Saturday evening.  Maybe one of the larger
> hotels with a nice "lounge" area???
>
> Rooms are getting harder to find by now, unless you are willing to go
> farther out, pay more, or stay in "less nice" motel.  Many, but not all,
> hotels in the area have free shuttles to/from the hamfest.
>
> When I made a reservation about 2 weeks ago, these were still available:
>
> Double Tree Guest Suites, $125, (513)436-2400
>
> Holiday Inn Dayton Mall, $89, (513)434-8030
>
> Holiday Inn Dayton South, $85, (513)294-1471
>
> Super 8 Motel, $50, (513)298-0380
>
> Parkview Inn, $40, (513)293-4111

Scott Myers